Happy St. Patrick’s Day to all the Clonakilty lovers in the UK
This year to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day (17th March), we are inviting people across the UK to nominate their favourite UK based Patrick, Pat, Patsy, Patricia (or indeed Paddy) on Facebook to be in with a chance of winning a whopping £1,000 cash prize to share.
Th competition launches on 10th March 2021 on the Clonakilty Facebook page with the hashtag #MakePatricksDay. To enter simply tag friends, family (or even someone famous) with Pat in their first name or surname (including Paddy and Padraig) under the competition post on our page to let them know how much they are loved in the run up to their namesake day!
One entry will be drawn at random from all valid entries received and the winner will get to share £1,000 with their nominated Pat, that’s £500 each, to really make their day. Runners up prizes including shopping vouchers and hundreds of our Clonakilty Black or White Puddings are also up for grabs!
Make Patrick’s Day Competition – Terms and Conditions
Competition Entry T&Cs
- This competition is open to UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland only) aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Clonakilty (which is the “Promoter”) and their immediate families, agents and anyone else professionally connected with this competition, including employees of Jellybean Creative Solutions (which is the “Organiser”).
- No purchase is necessary in order to enter the Clonakilty Make Patrick’s Day Competition.
- By entering this Clonakilty Make Patrick’s Day Competition, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries which do not comply with these terms and conditions.
- The Clonakilty Make Patrick’s Day Competition opens on 10th March 2021 at 9:00 AM and closes on 18th March 2021 at 11:59 PM (which is the “Competition Period”).
- To enter the Clonakilty Make Patrick’s Day Competition, you must do the following:
• Locate the Clonakilty Make Patrick’s Day Competition post on Clonakilty UK’s Facebook page @ClonakiltyBlackpudding and @mention someone you know with the namesake ‘Pat’ including but not limited to Pat, Patrick, Patty, Patricia, Paddy, Fitzpatrick (surname) etc. The ‘Pat’ you tag must also be a UK resident.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person, but each entry must tag a unique ‘Pat’.
- Entries made on behalf of another person, or joint entries, will not be accepted. Entries from agents, organised group entries, bulk entries or entries automatically generated by computer will not be accepted.
- Once the Competition Period has closed, the winner and runner up will be selected at random by the Promoter from all valid and eligible entries submitted during the Competition Period.
- The winner will be notified by the Promoter directly, by Facebook Messenger as soon as reasonably practicable following the end of the Competition Period.
- In the event that a winner has not provided a delivery address, or does not provide a delivery address within 7 days of request by the Promoter, or is not able to accept the prize for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and to award the prize to another participant.
- Winners are responsible for ensuring that complete and correct details are provided to the Promoter in order to receive their prize.
- By entering the Clonakilty Make Patrick’s Day Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition in order to verify this.
- In the event that circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter affect, or could affect, the proper operation of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition or these terms and conditions at any time but will make every effort to avoid causing undue disappointment to participants where such action is deemed necessary.
- Entries deemed inappropriate, rude or abusive by the Promoter will not be used and all such entries will be disqualified. If you are found to be abusing the competition, the Promoter, its products, employees or directors in any way your entry will be disqualified.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries that are not seen or taken into account by the Promoter for technical reasons. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any postal, network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet. Proof of sending/transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Responsibility is not accepted for e-mails/messages/letters from the Promoter which are not delivered as a result of any postal, network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or as a result of an invalid e-mail or other address supplied by the winner, or which are not seen by the winner due to the ‘spam’ or ‘junk mail’ filter settings (or equivalent) on their e-mail or social media accounts.
- If you are the prize winner, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter (at no charge to the Promoter save for reasonable expenses at the Promoter’s discretion).
- Your competition entry and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter (the “Submission”) will become the property of the Promoter on receipt. To the extent that copyright arises in your Submission, you will own such copyright in your Submission but agree to grant and license the Promoter (without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable right to re-use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, alter, combine with other materials, edit, incorporate, broadcast, telecast, exhibit, publish, re-publish, display, portray and/or otherwise use your Submission (and any parts of your Submission) in any worldwide media. You agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and also agree that the Promoter will own all rights in any materials, photographs, videos and other works which use your Submission (in whole or part).
- By entering the competition, you:
• agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition and for any other purposes to which you have expressly consented;
• acknowledge that such personal data may be transferred by the Promoter to, and/or stored in, a destination outside the European Economic Area for administrative purposes, including to the United States of America, where data protection regulations may not offer the same protection as those applicable in the European Economic Area, provided that the Promoter uses reasonable endeavours to keep such data adequately protected.
You understand that you may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting the Organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The name and county of the winner(s) can be obtained for 30 days after the Competition Period closes by sending a request to at email@example.com specifying which competition your request relates to.
- To ensure fairness and the integrity of the competition, the Promoter will not enter into discussions regarding the running or outcome of the competition, but will respond to questions sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you post or are seen to be posting comments to the Promoter’s social media pages (including, without limitation, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) or elsewhere during or after the competition that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants, fans of Promoter or directly aimed at the Promoter, you will have your comments removed and your entry disqualified. We reserve the right to alert the relevant social provider to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
- The Promoter reserves all rights relating to their social media pages and accounts, including but not limited to: (i) adding, removing, or modifying any content posted on the accounts, (ii) blocking users; and (iii) discontinuing the accounts at any time.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to limit or exclude its liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud (including, but not limited to, fraudulent misrepresentation) or for that which cannot lawfully be excluded.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the winner’s statutory rights.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by a competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected and will remain valid.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall confer any rights on any person under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Promoter: Clonakilty Food Co., Western Road, Clonakilty, West Cork, Ireland.
- The winner of the Clonakilty Make Patrick’s Day Competition will be drawn at random and will receive a 50% share of the £1,000 cash prize – £500 for the winner and £500 for the ‘Pat’ tagged. The Promoter will contact both the winner and the ‘Pat’ they tagged directly to issue the cash prizes.
- A runner up of the Clonakilty Make Patrick’s Day Competition will be drawn at random and will receive a £100 Love2Shop voucher. Another £100 Love2Shop voucher will also be sent to the ‘Pat’ tagged. The promoter will contact the runner up and the ‘Pat’ tagged directly to issue the vouchers.
- The first 100 unique entrants (i.e. your first entry with your first ‘Pat’ in the first 100 entries) will receive two vouchers to claim a free Clonakilty Black Pudding or a free Clonakilty White Pudding in-store at selected supermarkets. The first 100 unique entrants will be contacted by the Promoter. Two vouchers will be emailed to the email address provided to us and it is the recipients responsibility to share one of the vouchers with the ‘Pat’ they tagged.
- The printed voucher will be redeemable in-store only at: Sainsbury’s for either one Clonakilty Black Pudding 200g or one Clonakilty White Pudding 200g. Asda for one Clonakilty Black Pudding 280g or one Clonakilty White Pudding 280g. Morrisons for one Clonakilty Black Pudding 200g. T&C’s apply, please see voucher for further details.
- The winner/runner up and first 100 unique entrants will be contacted by 22nd March 2021.
- All prizes must be claimed and redeemed within 6 months from the date of our initial correspondence.
- There are no other prize alternatives available in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability of the intended prizes.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations although the Promoter shall try to minimise the effect of such failures.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate participants or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees.