Baked eggs with Clonakilty Blackpudding, chorizo and tomato
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
What is your favourite way to cook eggs? Here’s ours! For an unforgettable brunch that’s bursting with flavour, our baked eggs with Clonakilty Blackpudding, chorizo and tomato recipe is second to none. Give it a go and you’ll soon be enjoying this healthy, comforting baked egg recipe for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 red pepper
1 red chilli (seeded and chopped)
2 garlic gloves
330g whole peeled tomatoes
250ml chicken stock
280g Clonakilty Blackpudding
225g chorizo (spicy) sausages
2 large potatoes (cooked)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
3. Finely chop the onion, then fry gently until soft.
4. Seed and slice the pepper and add to the saucepan. Cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add the chilli and season with salt and pepper.
6. Smash the garlic with the side of a broad knife blade, then finely chop it and add to the saucepan. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Crush the tomatoes and add to the saucepan with their juice. Cook for 2 minutes until the mixture comes to a simmer.
8. Add the chicken stock and cook for about 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
9. Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander. Taste for salt and pepper – it should be quite spicy. Cover the sauce and keep in a warm place.
10. Slice the Clonakilty Blackpudding, chorizo and potatoes into even-sized chunks and mix together. Place in a shallow oven proof dish, making 4 hollows between the sausages and potatoes.
11. Break an egg into each hollow. Pour the tomato sauce over the top, completely covering all the ingredients.
12. Place in the oven for 8 minutes.
13. Remove carefully from the oven, sprinkle with extra coriander and serve.