Clonakilty Blackpudding Potato Hash
Serves: Serves 3-4 • Prep Time: 45 mins • Cook Time: 30 mins
400g small new potatoes, halved
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
200g Clonakilty Blackpudding
3-4 medium eggs
2-3 tbsp chopped fresh flat parsley
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 8-10mins or until they are just tender, then drain.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the drained potatoes and fry them for about 4 mins until they start to brown.
3. Add the onion and continue to cook until soft. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Remove outer plastic from the blackpudding then roughly chop it. Add to the frying pan and stir to mix cook for 4-5mins until piping hot and beginning to crisp.
5. Make 3-4 hollows in the mixture, then carefully crack an egg into each. Cover the pan with a baking sheet and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 mins or until the eggs are set and cooked to your liking. Sprinkle with parsley and serve straight away.