Clonakilty Sausage Meatball Linguine
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 5 mins • Cook Time: 25 mins
The perfect mid-week meal. Simple ingredients and quick to prepare in a rush! This recipe is sure to be a family favourite with freshly prepared meatballs and a homemade tomato sauce, a classic pasta dish with a Clonakilty twist!
454g pack Clonakilty Sausages
5 spring onions sliced
3 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 2 tsp dried rosemary)
Cracked black pepper
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
3 tsp sugar
3 cloves garlic (diced)
3 spring of rosemary
1 tsp salt
Fresh black pepper
- To begin making the meatballs, run a knife down the sausages and peel away the skin.
- In a bowl mix the chopped rosemary and the sliced scallions with the sausage meat.
- Scoop up the mix, using a teaspoon to form a ball and push off with your finger into a large frying pan on a low heat.
- Once all of the mix is in the pan cook until they are brown on one side and turn over to cook the other side.
- To make the sauce add your diced garlic cloves to the pot with the meatballs.
- Add the tinned tomato, rosemary spring, salt, sugar and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve this dish with boiled linguine tossed in some olive oil and garnish with some parmesan and freshly chopped parsley.