Clonakilty Whitepudding Autumn Salad
Serves: 2 - 4 • Prep Time: • Cook Time:
Who says you can’t have a salad in Autumn? This tasty salad is made using Clonakilty Whitepudding and Sausages along with some roast vegetables and homemade mustard dressing. The spices from the pudding bring a warmth to the salad and pairs beautifully with the oven roasted vegetables.
1 pack of Clonakilty Sausages 227g
1 Clonakilty Whitepudding 200g
1 sweet potato
1 large Parsnip
2 medium carrots
handful of long-stem broccoli
For the salad bed
1 1/2 tablespoons of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Handful of Romaine lettuce
Handful of sweet tomatoes – approx 8-10
For the salad dressing:
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper
- Start prepping the salad by washing your lettuce and tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes in half and add to a large bow along with teh lettuce.
- Chop up your roasting veg (carrots, parsnip and sweet potato) and roast together in an oven for 40 minutes at 180C.
- Chop sausages in to bite-size chunks and slice pudding into 2cm thick rounds.
- Add some oil to a pan on medium heat and cook the sausages for 10-12 minutes.
- Add pudding to the same pan and cook for 3-4 minutes either side.
- Add your carrots, parsnip, sweet potato and sausages to the bowl and give it a mix.
- Place the pudding rounds on top and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Lastly drizzle over some homemade dressing and enjoy.
Recipe by @Thirsty_Foodie