Clonakilty Whitepudding Falafels
Serves: Makes 8 Falafels • Prep Time: • Cook Time: 7-10 mins
Jennifer Opperman’s Clonakilty Whitepudding falafel balls are ideal for a wholesome lunch and would work well with Clonakilty Veggie Pudding too!
100g Clonakilty Whitepudding
100g Sweet Potato, grated
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 spring onion, chopped
Pinch of chilli powder
1 tsp of oil for frying
Sea Salt & Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the grated sweet potato into a large mixing bowl. Break the Clonakilty Whitepudding into small pieces and add to the bowl along with garlic, chili powder, spring onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix ingredients together gently until all ingredients are combined.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties by hand and place them on a flat plate. Chill for half an hour in the fridge.
- Heat a frying pan, add oil and cook falafels for 7–10 minutes over a medium heat, turning to brown all sides. Serve immediately
- Serve with flatbreads, crunchy salad, and tahini dressing (to make your own, put the juice of one lemon, a clove of crushed garlic, 50g of tahini and 50ml cold water into a small bowl. Mix well to form a loose dressing and season to taste)
Recipe by Jennifer Opperman